Wet Weather / Cancellations / Postponements
9 September, 2021 – TERM 4 REPRESENTATIVE SPORTS CANCELLATIONS AND POSTPONEMENTS:
Due to the impact of COVID-19 across New South Wales, the School Sport Unit and CSNSW Sport has regrettably made the decision to cancel all NSWCCC, MacKillop, Polding, NSWPSSA, and NSW All Schools events on the revised term four calendar:
- NSW All Schools Secondary Triathlon on Monday 25 October at Penrith.
- NSWPSSA Primary Boys Cricket Championship on Tuesday 26 October to Friday 29 October at Dubbo.
- NSWPSSA Primary Girls Cricket Championship on Tuesday 02 November to Friday 05 November at Barooga.
- NSWPSSA Primary Girls Touch Football Championship on Tuesday 09 November to Thursday 11 November at Tuggerah.
- NSWPSSA Primary Boys Touch Football Championship on Tuesday 09 November to Thursday 11 November at Tuggerah.
- NSWPSSA Primary Golf Championship on Monday 15 November to Wednesday 17 November at Moorebank.
- NSWPSSA Primary Girls Softball Championship on Tuesday 23 November to Friday 26 November at Camden
- NSWPSSA Primary Boys Softball Championship on Tuesday 23 November to Friday 26 November at Camden.
- MacKillop Girls & Boys Cricket Selections on Thursday 7 October – Friday 8 October at Wagga Wagga.
- Polding Girls & Boys Cricket Selections on Friday 15 October at Lismore.
- MacKillop Girls & Boys Softball on Thursday 28 October at Warwick Farm.
- Polding Girls & Boys Softball at Wahroonga.
- NSWCPS Golf 18 Hole & 9 Hole Tournaments @ Blackheath.
- NSWCCC Girls Cricket Selections Wednesday 24 November @ Riverwood.
In addition to the NSWCCC, MacKillop & Polding events cancelled last week
CANCELLED NSWCPS & NSWCCC in Term 4
- NSWCPS Girls Rugby 7s – Ryde.
- NSWCPS Golf Tournament – 13 September – Blackheath.
- NSWCCC Berg Cricket Championships – Term 4 2021 & Term 1 2022.
- NSWCCC Downie Cricket Championships – Term 4 2021 & Term 1 2022.
- NSWCCC Junior Basketball Championships – Mon 25 October & Tuesday 26 October – Penrith.
- NSWCCC Open Water Polo Championships – Wednesday, 27 October – SOPAC.
- NSWCCC Junior Water Polo Championships – Friday, 29 October – SOPAC.
- MacKillop Athletics Championships – Friday, 29 October – SOPA.
- Polding Athletics Championships – Monday, 8 November – Hunter.
We understand the disappointment that may follow this announcement, however, as always, the health, safety and wellbeing of all members of the school community was at the heart of this decision.
For a complete list of cancellations, please check the Csnsw.sport portal for updates.
We thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to navigate this challenging time.
8 September, 2021 – TERM 4 DIOCESAN SPORTS CANCELLATIONS AND POSTPONEMENTS:
The following Term 4 Lismore Diocese sporting events have been cancelled:
Lismore Diocesan Primary Athletics Carnival.
Secondary Volleyball Championships.
Secondary Gymnastics Championships.
Secondary Water polo Championships.
Secondary Golf Championships.
The following Term 4 sporting events have been postponed pending discernment regarding the possibility of rescheduling:
Polding Cricket Trials.
23 July 2021, 4:45pm – Sport Restrictions
COVID Sports Restrictions
The current position for all schools in the Diocese of Lismore is that no external school activities can take place outside your Local Government Area (LGA). This is determined by the Local Council boundary (i.e. Ballina Shire, Tweed Shire, Nambucca Shire etc). To be clear, there are no exceptions to this restriction.
Travel for sport can only occur within the school’s LGA. Interschool visits, including all sporting activities, are only permitted where both schools are located in the same LGA and providing that:
- Mingling of students is minimised where possible.
- COVID safe check-in requirements are followed.
- Mask wearing requirements (for all aged over 12 years old) are followed.
These restrictions are in place until 30 July 2021 and are unlikely to be eased on this date.
The Catholic Schools Office (CSO) is taking a risk-averse approach to this in a measure to keep our students and staff safe and our schools open. Measures such as these will protect the wider school community should a venue of high concern be declared in our Diocese. This will be achieved by limiting the movement of students and staff around the Diocese. These measures are in line with advice from Catholic Schools NSW.
The following events have been postponed to dates yet to be decided:
- Diocesan Secondary Junior Basketball (3-4 August), Coffs Harbour
- Diocesan Secondary Athletics (12 August), Coffs Harbour
- Diocesan Primary Athletics (13 August), Coffs Harbour
These events have been impacted greatly by COVID-19 restrictions and the Queensland and New South Wales border closure which came into force on Friday 23 July, 2021.
While we understand that these restrictions can be disruptive to the school routine, they are deemed a necessary measure to ensure the safety of staff and students.
TERM 3 – WEEKS 3 AND 5 EVENTS POSTPONED
Postponed events in Week 3 & 5 Term 3
- NSWCPS Golf Tournament
- NSWPSSA Boys Football
- NSWCPS Rugby 10 A Side Knockout
Cancelled events in Term 3
- NSWCCC Boys Hockey Championships (Week 4)
- NSWCCC Netball Championships (Week 5)
In line with the Premier’s announcement regarding the extension of COVID-19 restrictions for Greater Sydney, the NSWCPS Golf Tournament on Monday 26 July @ Blackheath; NSWPSSA Boys Football 27 – 29 July @ Griffith; NSWCPS Rugby 10 Aside Knockout Finals 9 August @ Hunters Hill have been postponed.
In addition, CSNSW Sport has cancelled the following events – NSWCCC Boys Hockey Championships – Tuesday, 3 August @ Newcastle; NSWCCC Netball Championships – Tuesday, 10 August @ Penrith. CSNSW Sport will organise refunds for the schools who have paid team registrations.
With the current COVID-19 restrictions for Greater Sydney, we are conscious that these events require travel for a number of families and staff therefore wish to provide as much notice as possible.
CSNSW Sport and the School Sport Unit will investigate dates and venues with a view to running the pathway events later in the year and will provide regular updates for students, families, staff and schools.
Parents, team officials and convenors will be informed by notification this afternoon. The CSNSW Sport portal has been updated and posts will be released on our social media channels. Please distribute to your network where you feel necessary.
Thank you for your understanding and support.
Term 3 – Weeks 1 & 2 Events Postponed
Thursday 15th July, 2021
Postponed events in Week 2 Term 3
- NSW All Schools Secondary Opens Hockey Tri-Series
- NSW All Schools Secondary Water Polo Quad-Series
- NSWCCC 15 Years Touch Camp & NSW All Schools Secondary 15years Touch Football
- NSWPSSA Netball Championship
- NSWCPS Girls Rugby Selections
- Finish date for NSWCCC Football Knockout Quarter finals finish date to be extended
In line with the Premier’s announcement regarding the extension of COVID-19 restrictions for Greater Sydney, the NSW All Schools Secondary Opens Hockey Tri-Series on Monday 19 July 2021 at Newcastle; the NSW All Schools Secondary Water Polo Quad-Series from Thursday 22 July 2021 to Friday 23 July 2021 at Woy Woy; the NSW All Schools Secondary 15 years Touch Football Camp & Tri Series from Friday 23 July 2021 to Sunday 25 July 2021 at Narrabeen, the NSWPSSA Netball Championship from Monday 19 July to Wednesday 21 July 2021 and the NSWCPS Girls Rugby 7s have been postponed.
With the current COVID-19 restrictions for Greater Sydney, we are conscious that these events require travel for a number of families and staff, therefore wish to provide as much notice as possible.
CSNSW Sport and the School Sport Unit will investigate dates and venues with a view to running the events later in the year and will provide regular updates for students, families, staff and schools.
Thank you for your understanding and support
Postponement of Primary Winter Sports Trials at Grafton
Due to major flooding, continued heavy rain and ground closures the Primary Winter Sports Trials have been postponed in Grafton on Friday 26th March. The next backup date TBA.
Postponement of Polding Australian Football
Due to ground closures and flooding the Polding Australian Football( AFL) selection trials in Newcastle have been postponed from 24th March to the backup date of Tuesday 30th March with the venue TBA.
Postponement of Diocesan Secondary Open Basketball
Due to ground closures and flooding the Lismore Diocesan Secondary Open Basketball Championships at Coffs Harbour have been postponed from Thursday 25th March to Term Two with a date and venue TBC.
Postponement of Diocesan Secondary Open Football ( soccer) GALA days
Due to ground closures and flooding the Lismore Diocesan Secondary Open Football (soccer) GALA days in Lismore and Kempsey have been postponed this term to Wednesday 21st April (Week 1, Term 2).
Postponement of Northern Country Rugby league at Smithtown
Due to ground closures and flooding the Northern Country Rugby League selection Trials (opens / under 15’s) have been postponed from Wednesday 24th March to Wednesday 21st April (Week 1, Term 2) at the same venue.
Cancellation – Secondary Touch Football Trials – 17th March 2021
Secondary touch football trials that were to be held in Sawtell (17th March) have now been cancelled.
Postponement of Primary Winter Sports Trials 19th March at Grafton
Due to ground closures and the threat of heavy rain in the next 3 days the Primary Winter Sports Trials have been postponed in Grafton on 19th March. The next backup date is the Friday 26th March.
Primary Rugby Union trials will now be held in early Term 2 with a date to be advised. All other sports (netball, hockey, football (soccer)) and rugby league will be on the 26th March.
Postponement – Secondary Touch Football Trials – 17 March 2021
Secondary touch football trials that were to be held in Sawtell (17th March) have been postponed due to closure of grounds following continued wet weather.
Postponement of Primary Winter Sports Trials at Grafton
Due to ground closures and the threat of heavy rain in the next 3 days the Primary Winter Sports Trials have been postponed in Grafton on 12th March. the backup date is the following Friday 19th March.
Cancellation – Secondary Touch Football Trials – 2 March 2021
Secondary touch football trials that were to be held in Coffs Harbour (2nd March) have been postponed due to closure of grounds following wet weather. The back up date for these trials is Wednesday 17th March with venue to be confirmed.
COVID-19 Update – 15 June 2020
Please be advised that ALL Primary and Secondary Lismore Diocesan sports for Term 3 2020 have been cancelled due to the COVID-19 situation.
COVID-19 Update – 26 March 2020
Please be advised that ALL Primary and Secondary Lismore Diocesan sports for Term 1 & Term 2 2020 have been cancelled due to the COVID-19 situation.
Information can be found in the links below regarding cancellation of pathway sports.
CSNSW Sport including Polding (Primary) and CCC (Secondary) – https://csnsw.sport/news/events-suspended
NSW Department of Education & Training (Primary & Secondary sports) – https://app.education.nsw.gov.au/sport/
School Sport Australia (SSA) (Primary & Secondary sports) – http://www.schoolsportaustralia.edu.au/blog/2020/03/23/ssa-announces-cancellation-of-2020-championships/
Announcement 2nd December 2019.
Announcement 27th November 2019.
Announcement 25th November 2019.
Announcement 12th November 2019.
Announcement 11th November 2019
The Lismore Diocesan Secondary Schools water polo championships that were to be held at Alstonville and Ballina pools on Thursday 14th November have been cancelled due to the bush fire situation in the Lismore Diocese.